how to fix the x264enc warning

Andres Gonzalez andres.agoralabs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:44:00 UTC 2018

The bitrate varies between 1000 and 5000 kbps and most of my test video is
720x480.

When you say "the buffer size isn't sufficient" are you referring
specifically to the vbv buffer?  That is, the specific buffer that the
property "vbv-buf-capacity" sets the size of?

The confusing part was that I tried the full range (0 to 10000) of sizes for
this property and still get this warning.

I don't know the specific function, or purpose of, for this "vbv" buffer so
I am clueless as to what would be a reasonable configuration setting for
"vbv-buf-capacity"   Is it a bit buffer or a frame buffer?

As a rule of thumb, should it be set to at least the frame rate in
milliseconds?

-Andres