Add sink pad to compositor while playing

Weber, Holger Holger.Weber at telerob.com
Tue Apr 10 16:23:51 UTC 2018

Hi,
I want to mix multiple video streams into one picture.
Therefore I use the compositor element. I can mix two videos and it seems to work fine (written in C).

One requirement is, to mix only one to up to four (quad view) videos.
Just for a quick test I only added one video source, started the pipeline and later, while the video was running,  I called gst_element_get_request_pad(pData->m_pElMixer, "sink_%u");  which leads to stop the pipeline.
Can that be done this way or do I need to add all four sink pads with fake sources to the compositor before starting and replacing them later?

Kind Regards