V4L2 subdevice controls

simon.zz at yahoo.com simon.zz at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 10:57:33 UTC 2018

Hello,
I am using a camera device and it's driver supports the following V4L2 subdevice controls:
   - V4L2_CID_SATURATION
   - V4L2_CID_AUTO_WHITE_BALANCE
   - V4L2_CID_AUTOGAIN
   - V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE_AUTO
   - V4L2_CID_TEST_PATTERN
   - V4L2_CID_HFLIP
   - V4L2_CID_VFLIP
>From the docs
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-v4l2src.html
seems, as default, I can set 'saturation' parameters which match the control listed above, but how can I set, for example, autogain, white balance etc ? These are not listed in the v4lsrc properties, but I suppose it's possible to set them.

How can I set these controls using gststreamer and what is/are the proper GstElement/s and C syntax to set them ?May you have a simple example to achieve this ?

Thank you in advance.Regards,Simon