HELP regarding implementation of RTCP in python wrapper of Gstreamer

p3rand0r p3rand0r at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:50:29 UTC 2018

Hi all !
First of all I would like to start by saying that I'm really new to
Gstreamer and its capabilities so pardon my ignorance if my understanding or
implementation was wrong, I am still learning :)

I would like to build a small streaming application in python with QOS
integrated in it, especially for the package drop count statistics, and RTP
and RTCP seem the perfect match.

For this purpose I implemented a

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GStreamer/gst-plugins-good/master/tests/examples/rtp/server-alsasrc-PCMA.py
<http://Server>

and a
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GStreamer/gst-plugins-good/master/tests/examples/rtp/client-PCMA.py
<http://Client >

while the server and client works without problems I cannot find a way or
information on how to retrieve the stats from RTCP for this RTP stream.

And I would be really glade if someone could help me in this matter by
pointing me to a right direction