GstPlayer in plugins-bad

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Apr 16 19:38:53 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-04-16 at 15:03 -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just curious - why is GstPlayer API still in plugins-bad?  Is it
> still not recommended for general use and the lower-level APIs are
> preferred?

I'm planning on working on the remaining cleanups in GstPlayer for 1.16
and have it moved to gst-plugins-base for 1.16.

There will be some minor API changes for that still, but apart from
that it is safe to use and I'd recommend using it for playback
applications instead of the lower-level playbin API.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com