glimagesink showing desktop

Samuel Hurst samuelh at rd.bbc.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 16:12:45 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I've recently had to rebuild my machine from scratch, and that includes
building a new version of GStreamer 1.14.0. However, I'm having some
issues with glimagesink on the new install, where instead of showing
decoded video as I'd expect it's showing the top left corner of my desktop.

I'm still using Ubuntu 16.04, and I have VA-API doing hardware
accelerated decoding through the Skylake integrated graphics on my
machine, and if I use vaapisink it displays correctly.

However, I have an app which does graphics overlays using OpenGL, so I
need glimagesink to work. Does anyone have any ideas of what I'm missing
to make glimagesink show the decoded video and not a static image of one
region of my desktop?

I can reproduce this with something as simple as:

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! glimagesink

I've attached a logfile produced with GST_DEBUG="gl*:5", in case it helps.

Thanks in advance,
-Sam