About how to use gst-debug="*CAPS*:7"

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Thu Apr 19 06:09:06 UTC 2018

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 18:18:57 -0700 (MST)
"Erickson.LU" <ericksonlushan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, and i can understand you. I think i cann't trust something like
> *  SINK template: 'sink'
>     Availability: Always
>     Capabilities:
>       video/x-raw
>               framerate: [ 0/1, 2147483647/1 ]
>                   width: [ 1, 2147483647 ]
>                  height: [ 1, 2147483647 ]
> *

I wouldn't say that you cannot "trust" it, but in this case it's true
that you can't know beforehand what formats it supports and you have to
let GStreamer figure that out and handle the compatibility.

> Thank you again, and sorry about the typesetting of my post, it really hard
> to find something in the Log. There must be Newline character  when i copy
> that from terminal. Sorry about that, I will checked again. And Thank you
> again.

My rule is: I wrap the text I write, but I try to leave untouched the
text I paste. So I enable/disable automatic text wrapping in my editor
as needed.

Also, if the logs are too big you can use a paste service
(e.g. pastebin.ca) or upload the logs somewhere and paste the direct
URL.

Ciao ciao,
   Antonio

--