Overlay Video on Wayland

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Apr 19 20:50:46 UTC 2018

Le mercredi 18 avril 2018 à 23:13 -0400, Scott Talbert a écrit :

> > > The problem, though, is that gst/wayland/wayland.h header is not
> > > public.
> > >
> > > See
> > > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/gst-l
> > > ibs/gst/wayland/Makefile.am#n26
> >
> > You don't really need that library. The geometry stuff can be
> > ignored,
> > and then the rest is just helpers around string comparison:
> >
> > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/gst-lib
> > s/gst/wayland/wayland.c
> >
> > If you really want these helpers, you can copy them in your app.
>
> OK.  I'm seeing a few issues with the sample application.
>
> First, these warnings are issued during startup (on Fedora 27):
>
> ** (gst-wayland-gtk-demo:11908): WARNING **: Wayland compositor is
> missing
> the ability to scale, video display may not work properly.

Yes, I've added that warning to try and convince people that a GL
compositer should support scaling. waylandsink without that in the
compositor is pretty useless, and that's why waylandsink is pretty
useless on Gnome Shell.

> ** (gst-wayland-gtk-demo:11908): WARNING **: Could not bind to
> zwp_linux_dmabuf_v1
>
> On Debian Unstable, I see the first warning only.

I have go the example builds, do you also get that warning in:

  gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! waylandsink

I have Fedora 27, and on Gnome Shell I don't get this warning (maybe
I'll get this problem tomorrow when I update ...).