Opus streaming directly from file

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 07:13:33 UTC 2018

Some pipelines to support Tim ;-)

Generate file:
gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! opusenc ! matroskamux ! filesink
location=test.mkv

Stream file:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.mkv ! matroskademux ! rtpopuspay !
rtpsink uri=rtp://239.1.2.3:2222

Streaming (live):
gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! opusenc ! rtpopuspay ! rtpsink uri=rtp://
239.1.2.3:2222

Decoding:
gst-launch-1.0 rtpsrc uri=rtp://239.1.2.3:2222?encoding-name=OPUS !
rtpopusdepay ! opusdec ! autoaudiosink

The rtp bins are
https://github.com/mleeman/gst-plugins-rtp

They hook up the RTP/RTCP pads so that (especially) audio can be decoded
with fewer hickups.

They are also in bugzilla since years, but I created a stand alone project
for easier maintenance and to keep them up-to-date. They should compile
easily against 1.14 (probably against earlier version too, I did not test
them).