No specific packager available for the distro version ubuntu_16_04_xenial

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Thu Apr 26 04:57:13 UTC 2018

I can tell you that I built the deb packages for Gstreamer 1.12.4 on
Lubuntu 16.04.   This version of cerbero (1.12.4) was prior to the
migration from Python 2 to Python 3.  I did this because the Xenial version
of Gstreamer is 1.8.something; and the Xenial repositories don't offer
other versions (nobody is really distributing pre-built deb packages of all
the different versions).

You can read about my deb packaging experience here:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2018-April/067562.html

But having said that, errors like this are almost always about Python 2 vs.
3 compatability issues.

 File "/usr/lib/python3.5/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode

   return codecs.ascii_decode(input, self.errors)[0]

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xef in position 0:
ordinal not in range(128)