Running GStreamer for custom capture pipeline on AXIS cameras

rudyryk alexey.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 06:48:20 UTC 2018

To be clear, I have no problems with connecting to AXIS camera from the
outside via RTSP.

I'd want to run embedded GStreamer (which is present on AXIS cameras) on
camera itself. Unfortunately, there are not many plugins actually available
out of the box, no rtspsrc / v4l2src. As I can see it's very stripped
distribution with some proprietary plugins, so I suppose specific source
plugin should be somehow used to fetch video from ARTPEC video chip.