Gstreamer Editing Services: Trouble running examples

Manas Jayanth prometheansacrifice at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 09:22:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to build GES examples using meson. Build completes fine but the
binaries segfault. Found the following using gdb:

ges_track_constructed (object=<optimized out>) at ../ges/ges-track.c:506
506         componame =

When stepped into it, starting from ges_init() call in simple1.c, the
following was seen in gdb:

0x00007ffff701c2cd in __GI__dl_catch_exception (exception=exception at entry
=0x7fffffffc980,
    operate=0x7ffff54530d0 <dlsym_doit>, args=0x7fffffffc9f0) at
dl-error-skeleton.c:194
    194     dl-error-skeleton.c: No such file or directory.

If it helps, I have documented my entire experience here on StackOverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51645861/building-gstreamer-editing-services-fails>.
I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.

--
- prometheansacrifice