rtpbin do-retransmission

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 14:04:31 UTC 2018

Hi

Have a question on RTP retransmission. If the option "do-retransmission" is
set for both sender and receiver pipeline, will that be sufficient for CLI
based gst-launch-1.0 pipelines or do I have to add the element rtptxqueue
as well.

The example for rtpbin on page
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-rtpbin.html
sends to destination port 5000 and 5001 and listen for RTCP replies on port
5005. The receiver receives on port 5000/5001 and sends RTCP to port 5005
although I wonder how the element udpsrc can send this back to the sender.
How does the element knows the destination IP there. Is it safe to assume
the exampleonly works with sender/receiver on same machine?

Best regards
Peter MM