ksvideosrc device enumeration problem

Jérôme Laheurte jerome at jeromelaheurte.net
Thu Aug 9 13:48:26 UTC 2018

Hello. Just checking if anybody already knows about this, or even, heaven forbids, has a workaround :)

The device-path property associated with a given USB camera, as returned by gst-device-monitor (and the underlying API), is not the same depending of wether the device was plugged in when starting gst-device-monitor or not. I can reproduce this with all USB camera models I have:

1. Plug camera, launch gst-device-monitor, copy/paste the suggested command line and add autovideosink -> works
2. Unplug camera, launch gst-device-monitor -f, plug camera, copy/paste -> does not work. Notice that device-path is not the same.

On the other hand the device-path displayed when the camera is already plugged is always the same; and the one displayed on hotplug is also always the same :(

Cannot find anything on Bugzilla. Tested with the latest release (1.14.2). Do I open a bug ?

Best regards
Jérôme Laheurte