Pause and resume live video with latest frames without affecting the sink

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:58:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am using the following pipeline :

v4l2src -> queue -> h264parse -> avdec_h264 -> glupload -> glcolorconvert ->
gltransformation -> glimagesink

The above pipeline works perfectly fine, with gltransformation being applied
continuously over the incoming video.

Now I want to simulate the following :

1. Start the video at time t0.
2. Pause the video at time t1, and resume at time t2.
3. Be able to apply the 'gltransformation' on the frame displayed on
render-window,  during the time between t1 & t2.
4. Video resumed at time t2, must have the current frames, and not the old
frames captured between t1-t2.

I have read notes/articles, that explain 'pause' and 'resume' are performed
at the sink, with buffering of the old frames, to allow smooth playing. But
doing this at the sink side, will not allow me to apply 'gltransformation'
for the time the video is paused.  I also tried using the 'valve' element,
but did not prove useful for the case.

Can anyone provide me some hints for tackling this problem?