GStreamer -Dynamic pipelines : Issue with adding a new element in the pipeline

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 20:40:17 UTC 2018

Hi Michael,

My main pipeline consists of the following elements and are linked in the
same order:
v4l2src -> h264parse -> avdec_h264 -> identity ->glupload -> glcolorconvert
-> gltransformation -> glimagesink

So when you mean, that element 'imagefreeze' should be a part of the
pipeline- do you mean that I add it to the main pipeline and keep it
unlinked, and based on the event I break the link between identity and
glupload and insert imagefreeze?

Well I always thought that all the elements added to the pipeline must be
linked before, we set the pipeline to playing.

P.S. I have created all the elements before hand, and use them accordingly.