gst-launch received rtsp raw h264 file are not smooth when playing.

eschanti eschanti at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 07:38:30 UTC 2018

Dears,

I use such command to receive rtsp stream and save to h264 format file,

gst-launch-1.0 -e rtspsrc location=rtsp://user:passwd@10.10.0.3:554 ! queue
! "application/x-rtp,media=video" !  rtph264depay ! "video/x-h264,
stream-format=byte-stream" ! filesink location=test.264

When I play it in vlc, it's not smooth, seems like play one frame, pause
several seconds, and play another.

Then I use
ffmpeg -f h264 -i test.h264 -vcodec copy test.mp4
to get the mp4 file and then play, it's ok, very smooth.

I am wondering how to get the smoothly playable .h264 file?

Thanks very much!