Pause and resume live video with latest frames without affecting the sink

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:33:54 UTC 2018

Hello,

So now I am able to pause and resume a video as well as insert and delete
'imagefreeze' respectively.
However, with the 'imagefreeze' in place, the frozen-video/image displayed
on the window is not affected by the 'gltransformation' applied. Once the
video resumes(and accordingly the imagefreeze is removed), the
gltransformation are applied and I can see it on the window.

I think, when I make 'drop-probability=0', the whole pipeline freezes and
hence the gltransformations are not applied. How can I solve this issue, I
want to apply the gltransformation on the frozen-video/image.

Here is a pseudo code:

while True:
   # apply gltransformation always - control reaches here when imagefreeze
is inserted, however no effect on displayed video., without imagefreeze, the
effects work.

   # if user_input == 1
      # insert imagefreeze in pipeline
   #if user_input == 2
     # delete imagefreeze from pipeline

Does anyone have any suggestions for this.

Regards