Pause and resume live video with latest frames without affecting the sink

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 12:39:37 UTC 2018

I modified my source code, and did a probe callback for removing the element
imagefreeze. However the same issue with pausing of 'v4l2src' still exists.

def get(self):
        if user input == 1: #insert image freeze
                # get identity source pad, no toggling of identity element,
so its just a
dummy element for now passing all the data that flows through it without
restricting.
                self.idsrcpad = self.identity.get_static_pad("src")
                # variable to restrict the probe callback to once
                self.in_idle_probe = False
                self.probeID =
self.idsrcpad.add_probe(Gst.PadProbeType.IDLE,self.modify_pipeline)

        if user input == 2: #remove  image freeze
             self.idsrcpad = self.identity.get_static_pad("src")
            # variable to restrict the probe callback to once
             self.in_idle_probe2 = False
             self.probeID2 =
self.idsrcpad.add_probe(Gst.PadProbeType.IDLE,self.shorten_pipeline)

And accordingly I return GST_PAD_PROBE_REMOVE from shorten_pipeline, once
the unlink is success.

So in this case, the call is a blocking type, and then in the callback I
unlink imagefreeze and link back glupload and identity. But the issue still
exists.