omxh264enc and mpegtsmux problem

pinwheel bartvrijn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 20:21:34 UTC 2018

I use this pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
"video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720,framerate=15/1" ! videoconvert !
omxh264enc control-rate=1 target-bitrate=4000000 periodicty-idr=15 !
"video/x-h264, profile=high" ! h264parse config-interval=-1 ! mpegtsmux
alignment=7 ! filesink location=test.ts

When I play test.ts in mplayer I get these errors and I see a lot of
artifacts:

If I set the -fps option to 15 in mplayer the errors and the artifacts are
gone.
When I use an udpsink and stream to another computer I also see a lot of
artifacts.

Does anyone know what the problem is? By the way, when there is a lot depth
of field in the video then the errors appear. If I point the camera at a
white wall the errors (except "Error while decoding frame") and artifacts
are also gone.