gst-omx install on PC, but gst-inspect-1.0 | grep oxm not found

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Wed Aug 29 11:54:07 UTC 2018

Le mardi 28 août 2018 à 19:52 -0500, leileiluash a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I didn't seem to find a good article through google.
> I want to know how to install and configure underlying OMX component,
> do you
> have relevant reference materials?

So assuming you understand your OMX stack, you just have to create an
ini file, like this one:

  https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-omx/tree/config/tizonia/gstomx.conf.in

Each component described as this:
[<element-name>]
type-name=<GObjecClassName>
core-name=<OMX COmponent shared object>
component-name=<Name of the component e.g. OMX.myorg.video.decoder>
rank=<for auto-plugging preference>
in-port-index=<input port index, e.g. 0>
out-port-index=<output port index, e.g. 1>

You may have to also set some hacks=value,value, deep knowledge of the
gst-omx code base is required to understand. The best place to start is
the code, you'll have to read it.