Problem with video-meta height and width

vmk veereshkadsani at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 05:12:26 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have sender and receiver application with following pipeline

sender
appsrc name=src ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=I420 ! jpegenc !
rtpjpegpay ! udpsink name=sink host=x.x.x.x port=xxxx

receiver
udpsrc port=xxx
caps="application/x-rtp,media=(string)video,clock-rate=(int)90000,encoding-name=(string)JPEG,payload=(int)26"
! rtpjpegdepay ! jpegdec ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=RGBA ! appsink
name=sink sync=true

I create gstbuffer at sender side and filling property from
gst_buffer_add_video_meta_full() with width and height as 250x250.

in the receiver side i see extra data(vertical bar) to the right side of my
original buffer sent. If I check the GstVideoMeta width and height it gives
me 256x256.

why is this change in width & height. I read somehwere padding is added to
align it to 16-pixel boundary. Is there any way that I can disable/avoid
this?

I am using GStreamer 1.10.2
Thanks In advance