glimagesink crash for thread error

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Aug 30 17:39:36 UTC 2018

Le jeudi 30 août 2018 à 11:37 -0500, RiccardoCagnasso a écrit :
> I'm using playbin in python3 with glimagesink as a videosink.
> Every time the pipeline goes through a PLAYING -> NULL -> PLAYING
> cycle, the
> player has a random chance of crashing with
>
>  [xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
> [xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads
> has not
> been called

^ This is excatly what you need to do.

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-bugs/2014-June/126812.html

> Strange thing is that I'm calling Gobject.threads_init() and as the
> very
> earliest thing in process.

This calls is a no-op today and is in now way related to
XInitThreads(). First thing in your python scripts should be:

import ctypes
import sys
try:
  x11 = ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary('libX11.so')
  x11.XInitThreads()
except:
  print "Warning: failed to XInitThreads()"