Why is the flag `GST_PAD_FLAG_EOS` set for element `v4l2src`, when the pipeline is modified dynamically?

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:11:37 UTC 2018

Hello Antonio,

Amazing debugging!!
I would never have figured that out.

1. With the hack, the whole thing works now. But there is a visible delay in
the transition from ' freeze - unfreeeze ' . The transition from ' live
video -> freeze ' is quick and you do not notice any rough transition.
The application I am trying to build is intended to be more quick responsive
in terms of (freeze-unfreeze)transition, since the camera data(source) will
be received on a lossy  communication medium. Assuming that the camera
operates at 30 fps, and if 3-4 frames are lost, then the time difference in
the arrival of data might be in the range of < 150-200 ms. So I should be
atleast targetting the switching transitions close to 150-200 ms.  Any views
on improving this ?

2. Not sure what you mean exactly by decoupling the pipeline. Is it
something like using a 'tee' or a  'output-selector'. I have this idea of
trying out the whole thing using a 'output-selector', where the
pipeline(minimal representation for simplicity) is as follows :

                                              | -> glimagesink
src -> q -> output-selector ->|
                                              | -> imagefreeze ->
gltransformation -> glimagesink

And appropriate output switching is done, based on the user input.
However, I think, I would see the same behaviour with the EOS event on sink,
once the imagefreeze is added.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

Regards.