Thumbnail for every keyframe in video, fast

Matthias Wagner matthias at gnarbox.com
Wed Dec 12 17:41:08 UTC 2018

I am trying to generate images for every nth keyframe in a video file, as
fast as possible. I have considered using multifilesink iterating over
every frame and detecting keyframes via GST_BUFFER_FLAG_DELTA_UNIT, but this
seems slow and performance is key. I have also looked at using the
videorate plugin or seeking, but I don’t know how to ensure that we
actually land on a keyframe. Are there any other approaches that GStreamer
would lend itself to for this kind of task?

--
Matthias Wagner
(626) 376.7202