Streaming key frame only fragmented MP4

Andrew Panteleyev insonifi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:34:01 UTC 2018

Greetings,

I have a simple pipeline that receives an h264 sample and muxes it in
fragmented MP4, for later consumption in MediaSource API in web browser.

It works as expected when "full" stream is pushed, but sometimes I need to
push _key frames only_. And in that case pipeline outputs fragments only
after 3 frames are received. Leading to a significant delay if key frame
interval is >1 sec.

I tried to decrease "fragment-duration" of mp4mux down to 10ms, but to no
avail.

Is there any way to tell mp4mux to emit fragment on each coming key frame?

Best regards,
Andrew P.