Can't move past Preroll when connecting AppSink and AppSrc

mstallmo masonstallmo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 05:05:45 UTC 2018

So I'm pretty new to GStreamer and I've been having some trouble getting my
pipeline to get past the Preroll stage when connecting an AppSink element to
an AppSrc element. I'm not yet 100% sure this is the way I should be going
about doing this but what I'm trying to do is mux in subtitle data with an
existing .mp4 video. My current pipeline is setup as follows: filesrc ->
qtdemux -> h264parse -> appsink -> appsrc -> queue -> mp4mux -> filesink. My
pipeline starts up and I can see the first Preroll sample reach the pipeline
but it never moves further than that. I've attached my code sample to this
post so others can look at what I have currently.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!