PCIe src with Jitter

Duchassin Frederic duchassin at sefram.fr
Fri Dec 21 10:55:04 UTC 2018

Hello everybody,

I try to decode and display an MPEG2-TS stream from a custom PCIe source.

But this PCIe source introduce a lot of jitter in the stream.

This is the pipeline I use for my test : gst-launch-1.0 pciesrc ! queue2
use-buffering=true ! decodebin ! kmssink

My problem is : During 5 seconds, it's working. But after 5 seconds, the
image freeze and i get one frame per second !! (the queue2 seems underflow)

I think it's a problem due to jitter. Someone could explain me better
than on gstreamer documentation the concept of buffering or what i
should do to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frederic