Gstreamer VAAPI decoder plugins run much slower than software decoder plugins

Wolfgang Grandegger wg at grandegger.com
Wed Dec 26 15:09:01 UTC 2018

Hello Nihit,

I wonder why you do not use:

... rtpjpegdepay ! vaapijpegdec ! vaapipostproc ! vaapisink

Likely, this will not speed up "vaapijpegdec", but the following
elements will use hardware acceleration as well.

Also, "buffer-size" seems very small. Try a value 10 times bigger, or
even more. And did you increase network buffering on the receiver and
sender side using:

  # sysctl net.core.rmem_max=16777216
  # sysctl net.core.wmem_max=16777216

Hope it helps,