Enable-Disbale using the flags in playbin

DeepakRohan deepak027rohan077 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 07:00:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

    I tried doing enable-disable of video and subtitle at runtime using a
application that uses playbin.
I have tested this on 64-bit PC with gstreamer version being 1.2.4.

I have set the flags property on playbin as below:
0x00000005 ----> Disable Audio only.
0x00000002 ----> Disable Video-Subtitle.
0x00000007 ----> Enable  Audio-Video-Subtitle.

Please let me know if the above setting are correct.

If they are correct then below are my experiments and observations:

So when I want to do Video-Subtitle disable I just input character 'd' on
the terminal where it sets the "flags" property of playbin to 0x00000002. On
disabling video-subtitle gets disabled and audio continues for few seconds
and after that I do not hear any more audio.
But when tried the same thing on gstreamer version 1.6.3, I see that I am
not able to hear the audio output immediately after video-subtitle disable
and also the video-subtitle display shows a single video frame with frame
stuck with no audio output.

I tried performing enable also - where I set the "flags" to 0x00000007.
When performed enable in gstreamer 1.2.4, saw only a single video-subtitle
frame and this is the almost the nearest frame when I had performed
video-subtitle disable the last time.
Again after video-subtitle enable audio came for few seconds and then audio
output stopped.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards,
Rohan