RTSP server test-appsrc connection problem

Michael MacIntosh mmacintosh at linear-systems.com
Wed Feb 7 19:25:18 UTC 2018

Hello,

 From what I can tell it looks like it is preparing the media when the
first client connects, but when the first client disconnects the
pipeline state is being set to null, and is calling unprepare.  You
might need to handle this event such that you can reconnect to the rtsp
server.  You could also potentially try setting the suspend mode
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-rtsp-server/html/GstRTSPMedia.html#gst-rtsp-media-set-suspend-mode

Personally I have it set to GST_RTSP_SUSPEND_MODE_NONE, but I have a
feeling you need to handle the unprepare so you can prepare again.

I find the line:

0:00:12.859426345 25781 0x67501f50 INFO
rtspstream rtsp-stream.c:1349:find_transport: finding
10.1.41.238:43859 in 2 transports

To be rather suspicious, it almost looks like it doesn't fully remove
the client.

I am also assuming this breaks if you have 1 client disconnect and
reconnect?

I wish I could be more help, but this is a lot to look over.

Cheers,
Michael.