Gstreamer hogging resources

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Feb 16 17:34:29 UTC 2018

Le vendredi 16 février 2018 à 07:00 -0700, geospatialdeveloper a
écrit :
> I'm running a custom gstreamer pipe. My modules a individually threaded. But
> when I see the resource utilization by my modules, they are not using all
> the available resources.
> e.g. the machine the pipe is running on can run 32 threads at once, but I
> see only 8 being utilized. Does gstream use up the rest?

Distribution the load is up to the application. This is achieved by
adding queues, or by properly configuring specific element to use more
threads (notably videoconvert in recent GStreamer releases, but also
some decoders and encoder have a threads/max-threads,n-threads
properties).

> How can I monitor what is being used by gstreamer?

Any system monitor will do. Notably "top" can monitor that.

Nicolas