RTSP Stream not working. Invalid SPS, can't parse seq_parameter_set_id

Sachchit sachchit.vekaria at generalaeronautics.com
Tue Feb 20 14:50:56 UTC 2018

Hi,

I want to receive H.264 encoded RTSP stream.

I am using following pipeline.
gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.1.125:8551/vipst_ch1 !
rtph264depay ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

I am getting following warning and stream can't be visualized.
gst_rtp_h264_add_sps_pps:<rtph264depay0> Invalid SPS, can't parse
seq_parameter_set_id

The above pipeline used to work for most of the RTSP servers I used. The
only difference I was able to spot that, this time server is sending RDT
packets rather than UDP packets.

Stream is coming perfectly fine with ffmpeg and vlc.

Is RDT packets are supported by rtspsrc? If yes, what will be pipeline to
get the stream working?

Thanks in advance.

I am new to Gstreamer and this question might be silly.

-Sachchit