Cutting/Trimming videos with GStreamer?

Jonas888 jonasr at hiof.no
Thu Feb 22 09:54:30 UTC 2018

Hey,
we're using a camera and a Jetson Nvidia TX2( ARM microcontroller ) to
detect light-phenomenons in the sky at night.
Videoes are beeing made in intervalls (5-30 min, whatever we choose) and we
have code that goes through every frame of the completed videos and stores
when there is detection.

What we need to achieve is to make "clips" from the videos from the stored
detection-points.
We basically have this code, but we're missing a tool that does the
cutting-job.
Like with the "ffmpeg" that we used on a Linux desktop that took in ~
videoPath, startClippingAt, duration.

We're writing the program in python, so we're not really after a editor/gui,
but a tool we can use within the program to cut videos by parameters.

ges-launch-1.0 doesn't work (because of ARM(?)) so we're kind of stuck
currently.
Any tips?