RTSP url can't display stream, even when mainloop is running.

rhythm87 rhythmchopra8 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:51:49 UTC 2018

I'm using Python Bindings of Gstreamer to create a RTSP Server Instance which
will generate an RTSP url for the incoming stream. As far I know,
GObject.MainLoop() is a blocking loop (correct me if I'm wrong), So I'm
trying to run MainLoop inside the child thread instead of Main Thread of
Process.
Now, If I initialise all required paramaters like RTSPServer, MediaFactory,
MainLoop etc, inside the overridden `run()` method and start the MainLoop
Instance, RTSP url displays the stream. But, on quitting the MainLoop from
Main Thread of process, `mainloop.is_running()` returns False. But if the
url was being open , mainloop.quit() doesn't notify the client and it
continues to stream.

And, if I initialise parameters like context, mainloop, RTSPServer inside
the constructor and just call mainloop.run() inside the overridden `run()`
method, RTSP url doesn't play the stream, even though mainloop.is_running()
returns True.

I can't understand the reason for either of the two cases.
Please tell what is it I could be doing wrong?

Regards,
Rhythm