Problems with textoverlay and non-ASCII chars

andeb91 aorlandi91 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 08:22:05 UTC 2018

Sorry for the missing information.

I'm working on Windows 10, with GStreamer 1.12.

I've also tested your pipeline and the error is:
/ERROR           GST_PIPELINE grammar.y:454:gst_parse_element_set: could not
set property "text" in element "textoverlay0" to "Été"
[Invalid UTF-8] WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not set property "text"
in element "textoverlay0" to "\xc9t\xe9"/

I've tested both command line and c++ software application, the error is the
same.

Thanks in advance,

Andrea