buffer ownership when pushing to appsrc

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Jan 6 02:01:09 UTC 2018

Le 5 janv. 2018 4:20 PM, "Sebastian Dröge" <sebastian at centricular.com> a
écrit :

On Fri, 2018-01-05 at 15:38 -0500, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> [...]
> >

> > So, thanks for your attention, hope to clear this moment.
>
> Unless I'm missing something, it looks like a bug in the tutorial.
> Can you file a bug at bugs.gnome.org ?

No, this is actually correct. gst_app_src_push_buffer() the function
takes ownership of the buffer, the signal doesn't and can't. Signal
arguments are only borrowed by the signal handlers, ownership stays
with the signal emitter.

Ok, still worth filing a bug, we could add a mention in the signal handler,
even if slightly redundant, it would help.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com