appsrc and producer thread

Albin Stigö albin.stigo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 10:58:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

Question:
Is it ok to to call gst_app_src_push_buffer from a separate producer
thread, is appsrc threadsafe in that way? I have been reading through
the documentation and examples but a lot of the sample code seem to
rely on the "need-data" signal or idle function and I would like to
avoid this.

Background:
I'm developing a Software Defined Radio (SDR) application where I
capture samples from a hardware device and perform demodulation in
software. I would like to let the capturing process block in a read
call until there's data avaiable and then call gst_app_src_push_buffer
with the demodulated audio.

--Albin