Synchronized changes of videoscale and videomixer properties

Benjamin Le Bozec benjamin.lebozec at vodalys.com
Tue Jan 9 17:54:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

We have a live pipeline which looks like this :

src1 --> videoscale --> capsfilter -->
                                                           compositor -->
sink
src2 --> videoscale --> capsfilter -->

It allows us to mix two inputs in side by side or picture in picture
configuration.

While the pipeline is running, we want to change from one to another
configuration several times.

To change the videoscale properties (width and height), we change the caps
of the capsfilters, and to change the compositor configuration, we use the
xpos and ypos of the input pads.

That works well, except that those changes are not synchronized, and we see
the videos in the output moving and then being resized.

We found the GstController, which can operate on the properties of the
compositor input pads, doing the updates according to the running time of
the pipeline.

But the GstController approach does not seem to work for caps properties,
since ControlBinding only works for element properties.

So here is our question : How can we synchronize against the running time
both changes on the videoscale and the compositor ?

Thank you for your advice,

Benjamin

--

*Benjamin Le Bozec*