Text overlays don't work on i.MX6 in certain pipelines

Toon Heyrman toonheyrman at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 17 08:59:12 UTC 2018

The element gamma in the videofilter plugins has the same issue as the
textoverlay.
Adding a delay of 15ms in the gamma element, makes the annotation/filtering
work.

Using imxg2dtextoverlay instead of the gamma or textoverlay works too.
Only this needs RGB and I need I420 for the encoder. Conversions are not an
option in the pipeline due to performance reasons.

Maybe if I modify my own annotation element(based on the gamma element) to
draw with the g2d it could work.
But is there any example on how to draw via a videofilter element with the
g2d?