Cutting video file

bernhard.graaf bernhard.graaf at gmx.de
Wed Jan 17 09:46:16 UTC 2018

You need to push EOF to the pipeline

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: "ivan.roubicek" <ivan.roubicek at zld.cz> Datum: 15.01.18  18:11  (GMT+01:00) An: gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org Betreff: Cutting video file
I have a video file and i would like to export segment from it to a file.
Let's say that video is 10 minutes long and I would like to get export from
4 to 6 minutes so I have a final video file which is 2 minutes long.

I was simply trying to use pipeline like so:
filesrc location=input.mkv ! filesink location=output.mkv

and seek on pipeline paused state but this does not work. I was also trying
to use GES but the video is re-encoded which is not acceptable for me.

Any suggestion will be appreciated
Thank you very much for any kind of help
Kind regards Ivan