Critical Error reading RTSP stream from IP cameras

Jajoo, Malhar malhar.jajoo14 at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 22 20:05:40 UTC 2018

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I have been able to play the RTSP stream in VLC media player.

  1.  For the 1st command you suggested,
I have tried to construct a pipeline(based on some googling) -}

$ gst-launch-1.0 -v rtspsrc location="<rtsp_url>" latency=10 ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink

I keep getting the warning: No element "<some element>"  for some of the elements.
I am currently looking into this issue.

  2.  For the 2nd command you suggested,
I am able to play the file, but there is only audio. I see some errors on my console reporting that
I do not have H264 decoder or it cannot be found.

I am having quite some difficulty in resolving these as I'm having shortage of time + multimedia frameworks is not
the central focus of my project :( .

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Malhar