bus message handler cannot catch EOS

havok giraykirtiz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 09:19:20 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I have written a class that collects video data by using appsrc and turns
the video frames into jpeg images. All of the gstreamer processes are done
inside the class. However, when I am trying to send an EOS signal by using a
class function, the bus message handler that I've written cannot catch the
EOS signal. I have written a simple function for that purpose which includes
the following gstreamer function:

void test_class::sendEOS(){
	gst_element_send_event(pipeline,gst_event_new_eos());
}

The "pipeline" is a GstElement and it is a private variable of the class.

The pipeline that I am using:

appsrc name=test_src is-live=true format=3 !
video/x-raw,width=640,height=480,format=GRAY16_LE,framerate=25/1 ! queue !
videoconvert ! videoscale ! capsfilter name=thermal_caps ! tee name=t1 t1.!
queue ! jpegenc ! appsink name=appsink_2 t1. ! glimagesink

I will be more than happy, if you help me.
Thank you all.