SIGSEGV in rtmpsink

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sun Jan 28 14:01:49 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-01-28 at 03:09 -0700, vijayp wrote:

Hi,

> I build latest gstreamer 1.13 version using cerebro. Build is
> sucessful.
>   (snip)
> With blow pipeline i am facing crash in rtmpsink plugin
>  (snip)
>
> In above pipeline with fakesink or filesink working fine. Crash is
> observed in only with rtmpsink.
>
> Crash observed in api "gst_rtmp_sink_setcaps" File
> "gstrtmpsink.c".Line no :
> 425
> buf = g_value_peek_pointer (val)
> (gst-launch-1.0:20093): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
> g_value_peek_pointer:
> assertion 'G_IS_VALUE (value)' failed
> Caught SIGSEGV

This is a bit curious. It looks like your input caps don't have the
streamheaders field.

Could you run gst-launch-1.0 -v ...  check what caps are passed to
rtmpsink?

If there is a streamheaders field, please run

  valgrind gst-launch-1.0 ...

to see if that shows something rtmpsink-related.

Cheers
 -Tim