Detecting video stream resolution in appsink with GStreamer 1.0

Fabrizio Dini fabrizio.dini at magentalab.it
Wed Jan 31 08:39:01 UTC 2018

Hi there!

Given the way my code has been written, the fastest way to fix this was to
change the call

GstCaps* queried_caps = gst_pad_query_caps(pad, NULL);

with the call

GstCaps* queried_caps = gst_pad_get_current_caps(pad);

and it worked! Thank you all for your help!

Cheers
Fabrizio

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 3:55 PM, Tim Müller <tim at centricular.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-01-29 at 07:23 -0700, tobatrance wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Once you pulled a sample with gst_app_sink_pull_sample you can
> > extract its buffer with gst_sample_get_buffer and following get the
> > video frame and video info with gst_video_frame_map. The video info
> > object got the information you're looking for.
>
> That should work. Alternatively, you can also look at the GstCaps in
> the GstSample with gst_sample_get_caps() and either poke at the fields
> directly or parse it into a VideoInfo struct with
> gst_video_info_from_caps(). Or you look at the caps on the element's
> sink pad with gst_pad_get_current_caps().
>
> Cheers
>  -tim
>
> --
> Tim Müller, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com

Fabrizio Dini
Magenta srl - Via Pasquini 6, 50127 Firenze - Italy
+39 393 5672224 (mobile)
+39 055 286 856
fabrizio.dini at magentalab.it <f.dini at magentalab.it>
Company web page: www.magentalab.it, trafficflow.magentalab.it