Question about gst-launch capabilities

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Jan 31 23:48:17 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 13:24 -0700, HernanMassone wrote:

Hi,

> I am runing gst-launch and i trying change the element parameters "on
> the fly".
> In others words, while pipeline runs I want change the elements
> parameters.
> ¿I can do this?

That's not possible if you use the gst-launch-1.0 command line tool.
This tool is primarily for debugging purposes.

I would recommend you write a little C application or python script and
use the gst_parse_launch() API to create a pipeline from a pipeline
string if you like. You can then modify things on the fly in your own
code.

Cheers
 -Tim