Adventures with GStreamer and the C920

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jul 2 01:50:52 UTC 2018

Very interesting story, thanks.

My guess; your original problem was caused by *when* and *how fast*
data arrived, combined with the long startup time of the camera.  You
were able to compensate by adding a queue.

When you changed the scene being recorded, the camera necessarily
changed when and how fast data arrived.

(It's not just x-h264 cameras that do this, some x-raw cameras can do
it too; in my case the framerate is forcibly lowered by the camera
when light levels of the scene fall.  Everything was fine until that
happened.)

The event you suffered through also teaches you to test your pipeline
under the range of circumstances you need to use it.  ;-(

You might try a larger queue max-size-time.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/