GStreamer Yocto

Becker Béla bela at becker.rocks
Mon Jul 2 13:42:53 UTC 2018

> On Monday, 2 July 2018 14.58.22 CEST Felipe C. Gehrke wrote:
> > Hello Becker,
> >

> > I'm using this line on terminal to play an HLS stream:
> >

> > gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc location=http://192.168.0.3/agent327/playlist.m3u8 ! hlsdemux ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! videoscale ! autovideosink
> >

> > But when it runs, it doen't seem to run on hardware rendering mode. The final objective is to build a remote controllable video player by websocket which can plays HLS Streams.
> >

> > How do I use imxvpudec ?
> >

> > Att,
> > Felipe C. Gehrke
> > Software Developer

Take a look at https://github.com/Freescale/gstreamer-imx for some basic info on using the Freescale/NXP plugins.
You can use the plugins by adding the meta-fsl-arm layer to your bblayers.conf, although I think this should already be there. Check the output of `gst-inspect-1.0` on your target so you can verify that the imx plugins are present.

In your example, change the following for a hardware enhanced pipeline (you may need some extra glue bits for the formats to match):
    gst-launch-1.0 souphttpsrc location=http://192.168.0.3/agent327/playlist.m3u8 ! hlsdemux ! imxvpudec ! imxg2dvideotransform ! "${OUTPUT VIDEO FORMAT HERE}" ! imxg2dvideosink