Cerbero Building from Source Error on Windows

astarakastara semikurt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:00:35 UTC 2018

Hello,

I want to build gstreamer from source with mingw-w64 on Windows.
I am using MSYS2 for Mingw-w64.
I added all paths for example : Python36, Perl, ...

I am using MSYS2 MINGW64 shell (I tried all shells git bash, cmd, msys2,
everyone gets the same error)

I downloaded Cerbero from https://github.com/GStreamer/cerbero

I wrote these commands
When I in cerbero-master directory I wrote

python ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-win64.cbc bootstrap
python ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/win64.cbc bootstrap
python ./cerbero-uninstalled bootstrap
py -3 ./cerbero-uninstalled bootstrap

In Cerbero on github, it tells when I write these commands it will take 1.5
hours. However, I got an error and couldn't solve what it is.

The error:

WARNING: Using default configuration because
C:/Users/admin//.cerbero/cerbero.cbc is missing
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./cerbero-uninstalled", line 9, in <module>
    main()
  File ".\cerbero\main.py", line 130, in main
    Main(sys.argv[1:])
  File ".\cerbero\main.py", line 54, in __init__
    self.load_config()
  File ".\cerbero\main.py", line 98, in load_config
    self.config.load(self.args.config)
  File ".\cerbero\config.py", line 189, in load
    self.do_setup_env()
  File ".\cerbero\config.py", line 208, in do_setup_env
    self.env = self.get_env(self.prefix, libdir, self.py_prefix)
  File ".\cerbero\config.py", line 228, in get_env
    self._perl_version())
  File ".\cerbero\config.py", line 553, in _perl_version
    mayor = str(version[0])
IndexError: string index out of range

If you help, it would be appreciated,
Thanks,