AW: AW: AW: Serial port interface on frame grabber

vk_gst venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 12:29:53 UTC 2018

Hello,

I think I was a bit unclear in my previous post and also made a mistake
w.r.t bandwidth available.

1. At 1MBaud, the latency was < 1ms and worked smooth.
2. The practical available bandwidth for the custom modem is 250Kbps, and
not 25Kbps as I mentioned.
3. I performed the test to measure the average bitrate demand as suggested
by James, and I am confused/surprised with the results that I have obtained.
The following are the results:

Resolution                                             BitRate
100 x 50                                                ~120.3K
320 x 240                                              ~93.7K
640 x 480                                              ~52.7K
1280 x 960                                            ~32.3K

I had a thought that lesser the resolution, lesser the bandwidth required.
But here the results give a total different picture.  Observing the results,
it seems that the encoder is more efficient for resolutions in the factor of
320 x 240.  Does anyone have an explanation for this?

4. I am still to find out about blocks per frame, and the filesink elements
which I shall soon.

5. So far I have been using the tools to test this concept. I would like to
implement this in a C/C++ program. What would be the starting point for
this?

6. I also want to individually access the frames, that the GStreamer
receives at the receiving side (PC). This is because I want to have
knowledge of the last received frame in case the wireless link breaks down,
and manipulate the video frame with some other data. Is this possible with
GStreamer?